Ladies and gents, goblins and trolls, quills at the ready. It’s time to kick off Festive Fantasy Week in style with the Festive Fantasy Quiz 2013!
Before we start, I have one message: “Cheat and you only cheat yourself. No Google, all you sneaky sneak-thieves out there!”
Right, let’s get started. And no, it’s not multiple-choice! Mwahaha…
- In total, how many members are there in the Fellowship of the Ring in The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien?
- In the Warcraft universe, how many playable Alliance races make their home on Kalimdor (as of the latest expansion pack)?
- How many Paladins does it take to screw in a light bulb?
- What is the symbol of House Tyrell in A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin?
- How many Elder Scrolls games have been made and released, to date?
- What are trolls in the Discworld books made out of?
- Fill in the blank to correctly complete the rhyme: ‘Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong ____ !‘
- In The Kingkiller Chronicle series by Patrick Rothfuss, what is the object that Kvothe/Kote possesses but is not able to open?
- What are the names of the two fictional countries that feature in The Princess Bride?
- Which Dwarven clan lived in Khazad-dûm (Moria)?
- How many base classes were there in the Player’s Handbook 1st Edition of Dungeons & Dragons?
- What is the name of the rat-like race from the Warhammer Fantasy universe?
- In The Lord of the Rings, what is it that Bilbo claims is a ‘dangerous business’?
BONUS QUESTION – In the Harry Potter books, what is the name of the spell that is used to glue the victim’s tongue to the roof of their mouth?
Each correct answer nets you 1 point. A correct bonus answer nets you an additional 2 points. That bonus could make all the difference!
Leave your answers here as a comment or post them up on our Facebook wall. You have until Friday 20th Dec to get your answers in! The winner will be announced in the New Year and duly presented with their certificate.
Good luck everyone! And don’t forget to check back tomorrow for our Ultimate Fantasy Christmas Wishlist…
Festive Fantasy Week 2013 (#FestiveFantasyWeek)
- Festive Fantasy Week 2013 (fantasyinmotion.wordpress.com)