For your pleasure today I have brought together a collection of blog posts and articles that cover everything fantasy writing related.
I will also share with you a brief update on my own writing progress. I wrote a really nice scene over the past few days which takes place in a subterranean living stronghold that is home to one of my world’s non-human species. Without giving anything away, one of the central characters arrives there after a long time away and discovers that things have taken a disturbing turn for the worse in his absence.
Here is a very short snippet of dialogue from the scene that teases at what’s going on. This is first draft quality, so be kind 😉
‘Haven’t time?’ she said. ‘You have boundless time. Why come back to this world, the place of your making, when there is so much more out there? A tree grows from its roots; it does not grow back down to them again.’
Hope you enjoy the articles below!
- Fantasy Writing: Number of Characters (atoasttodragons.com)
- Music Mix for Writing Fantasy (belleofmountains.wordpress.com)
- Should science fiction and fantasy do more than entertain? (guardian.co.uk)
- Fantasy: Reading it. Writing it. Loving it. (verityglasswing.wordpress.com)
- Philip Athans on Building Immersive Sci-Fi & Fantasy Worlds (omnivoracious.com)
- Science fiction vs. Fantasy (kasiajames.wordpress.com)
- High/Low Fantasy (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)
- Realistic Fantasy vs… well, Fantastic Fantasy (leeduigon.com)